Monday, June 15, 2009

Why Am I Here?

All my life, I have struggled with weight. Now, don't get me wrong. I know there are people out there who have much bigger struggles than I. My struggles usually center around the same 15 pounds. But lately, it has been ten. Ten pesky pounds.

Ten pounds doesn't sound like a lot to lose, but in some ways, I think they are the hardest to lose. The scale fluctuates so much that some days, it is just the pesky six pounds, or the pesky eight pounds. But really, it is the pesky ten.

Ten pounds doesn't sound like enough to inspire a major change in diet or exercise. I eat relatively healthy and got to the gym more than a whole lot of people. But all I am doing is maintaining. It's time to kick those pesky ten pounds.

Here is the starting point: The scale said 147.4 this morning. I am 5'6" with a medium build. My real goal weight would be 135. And my time frame? I would love to have at least ten gone by my wedding, which is two months from today!

Anyone want to join me on this journey to lose those pesky ten pounds?

2 comments:

  1. I'm in! I gained the pesky 10 pounds after graduating college, and I've been working all year to lose them. I think I have successfully lost five of them, but the other five keep dropping off and coming back on, and back and forth... :)

    Right now I'm at +3 from goal, which could go up or down dramatically in a week, let alone before my March wedding!

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I am totally with you. I have 10 more to lose...and three months to do it. I am so proud to know you are willing to blog about it...awesome. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete