Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Detox Day

Today I am having a Detox Day. I actually got the idea from Amy's Quest to Skinny and her 15 Week Challenge.

And boy have I needed this.

After all the cake and chips and CRAP of parties (all of which I enjoyed immensely!) that scale is not looking so good. Neither is my reflection in the mirror. Nor do I feel so great.

This is what she suggested we do:

This week I challenge you to eat CLEAN for one full day. I'm not really picky about what is defined as "CLEAN" but I want to you try to avoid as many processed foods as you can.

GOOD EATS: Lean red meat, Chicken, Fish, Eggs, Dairy, Oatmeal, Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, Canned Beans, PB, Quinoa, whole wheat pasta, Brown Rice Rice, Lentils, EVOO, dried fruit.

BAD EATS: bread, artificial sweeteners, deli meat, bars, cereals, maple syrup, booze, packaged snacks, granola, extra salt, canned soups, anything else processed, or caffinated.

I still have no idea what EVOO is.

But I needed this today.

This morning I had a bowl of oatmeal with a couple pecans and blueberries sprinkled on top. YUM.

I'm trying to drink lots of water today too.

This is a much needed Detox Day.

Have you ever tried to have a Detox Day?

2 comments:

  1. It is Rachel Ray's little saying for extra virgin olive oil. :) I really try to eat like this every day...I splurged on Friday night and it caught up with me...

    ReplyDelete